New Zealand Study Visa - MAX Education Links PVT. LTD.


To travel abroad, Indian citizens are required to procure a visa in order to enter the majestic nation of New Zealand. Let us take a look at the process of application for the New Zealand Visa. When you need an NZ student visa, you need a student visa if you want to study full time in New Zealand for more than 3 months. You must be accepted into a course with an approved educational provider, such as a school, university or polytechnic, before you apply for a student visa.

What you can study

  • You can only study on programmes that the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) has approved for international students.

Types of student visa

  • There are 3 main visas that let you study full time. There are also student visas for people from specific countries or people coming here to study for a specific reason.

If you’re taking a single course

  • Fee Paying Student Visa lets you study for up to 4 years on an approved course.

If you’re taking several courses

  • Pathway Student Visa lets you study as many as 3 courses one after another for up to 5 years with an approved provider — for example, secondary school studies followed by study towards a bachelor’s degree.

If you’re in NZ and want your children to study here

  • Dependent Child Student Visa is for the children (19 or younger) of people who are in New Zealand on some student or work visas.

Before you apply for a student visa

Before you start your application, you need to plan your study, work out how you’ll support yourself in NZ and check which documents you need to provide with your application.

Before you apply, make study and travel preparations. To qualify for a student visa, you’ll need:

  • To be accepted for a course at an education institute approved by the Ministry of Education or the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
  • Money for your tuition fees or proof that you have a scholarship that pays your fees.
  • Proof you have enough money to live on while you’re in NZ.
  • A ticket out of NZ or evidence that you enough money to buy one.

Paying your living expenses to support yourself while you study in NZ, you need to show you have one of the following:

  • NZD$15,000 for your first year of study.
  • NZD$1250 for each month if your programme of study is less than 36 months.
  • A scholarship, such as a New Zealand Aid Programme scholarship.
  • A sponsor or family member who’s agreed to accept financial responsibility for you while you’re in NZ.

Important points to remember while you plan to apply:

  • Make sure you apply at least 8 weeks before you plan to come to New Zealand.
  • Even if you apply online, you may need to send your passport to INZ — they’ll let you know if you do. It will be posted back to you once your application is finalised.
  • If you apply online, you’ll usually get an eVisa. Print it out or keep it on your mobile phone so, if you need to, you can show it at the border when you arrive. You can ask INZ to put a label in your passport, but you have to pay for this service.
  • Every year, the number of international students in New Zealand rises as many students choose New Zealand as the place they wanted to broaden their experience and continue their education. In fact, New Zealand is one of the most popular country for international students.

Our Services

We strictly believe in offering the best possible services to our students. We are a team of well informed and committed–to-our–goals education advisors and counselors with a strict client centered approach.

Read More

Student Visa

MAX Education Links PVT. LTD helps students who want to pursue higher education in another country. We hold seminars to assist students on higher education options in other countries. A student visa is a special endorsement added to a government passport issued to students enrolled at qualified educational institutions. Student visas are non-immigrant visas that do not require the holder to obtain citizenship.


  • A student visa is an endorsement that is added to a government passport, which permits foreign students to study at a country's qualified educational institutions.
  • Any prospective student seeking higher education in another country must obtain a student visa from that country.

You can expect a one-stop solution for all your visa needs from profile evaluation, documentation, application drafting to post-visa services with MAX Education Links. If you are confused about filing your application, you can contact us immediately. We will be pleased to help you in any way we can.

Don’t wait. Begin your visa application today! Contact us for more information.

Free Visa Consultation

We are available at Mon-Sat call us +91-9877880000 during regular business hours.